Re: [CentOS] new laptop: DVD or Blu-ray

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 01:09:19PM +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 11:53:09PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> >
> > Please don't top post on this mailing list.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 06:04:03AM -0500, Hal Wigoda wrote:
> > > I wouldn't outfit a computer with blu-ray
> > >
> > > (Sent from iPhone, so please accept my apologies in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors.)
> >
> > Is the iPhone really that bad? Is proofreading not even possible?
>
> The problem with mobile devices is the auto-correct function of the
> keyboards. With a full, physical keyboard, it's fairly easy to feel when
> you've "fat-fingered" a key and pressed the wrong one. With a
> touch-screen, you lose that immediate feedback, so mis-typing is
> somewhat easier. As a result, the soft-keyboards tend to auto-correct
> what you type, so that if you typed "drvoan", it would correct that to
> "Debian" (by looking at keys near what you typed and mapping that into a
> dictionary). The problem comes when the auto-correct is either too
> sensitive (and corrects a valid, but rare, word into something else) or
> simply when the user doesn't review the text, and you get sentences like
> "We apologise for the incontinence".

In that case, you'd think that you'd be more careful before pressing the
return button. Although it seems it's easier to say "sorry about any
mistakes" than to actually correct them.

Although, I have used my gmail interface to respond to a mail --- and
what a PITA that is, I can see the real difficulty with "crafting" a
nicely formatted reply, but I have seen nicely formatted replies - maybe
they haven't used the gmail interface. :)

I guess I appear as a complaining so and so, but it seems that if you
put "Sent from my iPhone" it excludes you of any COC guidelines.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X