Re: Wheezy amd64 grub2 error: file '/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found

Ldten K a écrit :

> Am trying to restore my regular working HD from backup HD but booting
> from the restored HD results in "file '/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not
> found" error. This seems a bit odd since 1) my wheezy system is amd64

Indeed this seems odd, but not for that reason. "i386-pc" is just the
platform (PC BIOS), not the system software architecture. i386 and amd64
architectures both share the same i386-pc platform.

The oddness is that AFAIK, the GRUB version 1.99 from Wheezy does not
use the /grub/<platform>/ scheme yet but still puts *.mod files directly
into /grub.