Re: Request virtualbox setup advice

On Friday 21 August 2015 10:33:23 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Thursday 20 August 2015 20:56:39 Whit Hansell wrote:
> > Please advise.  I would love to have a good working version of Windows
> > on my Linux box for the few times it is needed.
>
> I personally would avoid all risk of conflict and purge VB with your package
> manager of choice before installing the upstream version.
>
> In my experience one needs (I needed) the upstream guest additions.
>
> Lisi

Hi:
I couldn't test VBox5.0 on Jessie - that might work but if you already
upgraded Jessie to Testing than you run into problems with libvpx1. It has no
install candidate in Testing because libvpx2 is part of Testing.
The best bet might be to stay with Jessie as host system and install Testing
in a virtual machine to keep track of the gcc5 transition.
Well - all depends on what you are up to ...

Cheers
Eike