Re: Anyone else having password failures at pop.gmail.com?

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> They apparently did something just before 15:00 local time (GMT-4=EDT
> today, as both mailfilter and fetchmail are now reporting a password
> authorization failure.
>
> Thats two separate config files, neither of which has been into an editor
> to even change the size of the top dot of an i in about 2 years.
>
> So, is it me, or has gmail changed the protocol somehow?

Any chance it's the old problem with Google's chain to a root CA?

Or that some trigger got hit and Google wants you to log in via the
web to prove that your mail hasn't been taken over by a spambot?

These are issues I regularly have with Google.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html