Re: VLC DVD playback is choppy and pixelated

On 08/19/2015 03:20 PM, dave@661.org wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, Sven Arvidsson wrote:

On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 09:23 +0000, dave@661.org wrote:
[00007fe848002508] vdpau_avcodec generic error: unsupported codec 2
or profile -1

It could be that something goes wrong when you use VDPAU. Try to
configure VLC to use another backend for playing the video.

Changing the backend makes no difference.

I use X11, which seems to work best for me. But, it has been choppy lately. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html