Re: How to fix problems with "libstdc++6 breaks [something]"

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:54:32 +1000
Dorival Pedroso <pedroso@cpmech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if there is a way to fix problems with libstdc++6
> in Debian unstable?
>
> I'm trying to install blender and/or python-scipy for example.

Waiting is.

There are serious upheavals in unstable at the moment, I have about two
hundred packages which won't upgrade. Aptitude just shrugs and asks me
if I want to try to resolve dependencies manually...

I'm assuming this will eventually resolve, presumably this version of
the library isn't very backward-compatible, and we're waiting for a few
hundred (thousand?) packages to be recompiled against it. I don't
recall seeing anything quite like this in the last decade or so.

--
Joe