Re: Debian Gnome Or XFCE ?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 06:31:23 -0400 (EDT), Bret Busby wrote:

> You can denigrate Ubuntu Linux all you want, but there is no need for
> your denigration, to be public, or, on this list.

There's no need to get defensive, my friend.  I was simply expressing my
approval of Debian's management decision to continue to support non-PAE
processors, as opposed to Ubuntu's management decision to drop
support for non-PAE processors.  Besides, this is a Debian list, not
an Ubuntu list.  Praise for Debian, when they do something right, is
entirely appropriate here.

> Ubuntu Linux was the only operating system that could be found, other
> than MS Windows 8, that has the necessary drivers for this computer.

I doubt that.  Ubuntu enables non-free drivers and non-free firmware
by default, Debian does not.  But the drivers are available in Debian,
if you know where to look.  But I do not wish to argue about it.

Peace.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :