word choices on list (Re: Laptops, UEFI, Secure Boot and Debian)

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shite

Thus, yes, it's not appropriate language here.

The problem with expletives is not in the words themselves, really.
Fecal matter is what it is, whatever it is called.

The problem is that the metaphor inherently fails. People hear instead
that the speaker is upset. And that is the message that is
communicated:

    I'M UPSET!!!
    SO MUCH THAT I CAN'T SPEAK POLITELY!!!
    OR EVEN THINK RATIONALLY, PROBABLY!!!

That makes it hard to communicate about the reasons for being upset,
and also about solutions.

(And when we can't communicate, the badguys tend to think they are
happy because they think they win, for whatever value of the variable
badguys.)

In my opinion, "Secure Boot" is talking more about companies trying to
secure their sources of revenue than about helping individuals trying
to secure their operating systems and data, but using metaphors
doesn't explain why.

Talking about fecal matter doesn't talk about whether the owner of the
machine controls the switch, among other things. Nor does it talk
about what the community can do as a real work-around.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html