Re: How to rollback an upgrade in Debian

Am Mittwoch, 12. August 2015, 14:26:58 schrieb Erwan David:
Rolling back is not easy. I suggest, to remove or comment out the entry in
sources.list of debian/testing.

Then start aptitude. Now mark all packages to the required versions to install
and mark those with the wrong version to deinstall.

You have to walk through all dependencies (also libs) and have to set the
required dependencies manually.

I admit, this is very annoying, but has to be done.

Doing so, you might get a stable system again.

Another way (but untested by me) is this:

Remove the entry of debian/testing

Do apt-get remove kde-*

(This will deinstall most packages)

Do apt-get remove `deborphan --guess-all`

Do apt-get autoremove

Then reinstall all kde packages and libs again.

However, be warned!!! This might influence other applications and make a lot of
trouble, so I suggest the other way I described above.

Good luck!

Hans