Re: How to set up dvd+rw-tools source the way it gets compiled for Debian sid ?

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 11:35:22AM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reco wrote:
> > 1) Change the source as appropriate.
>
> First i need to have it. How to apply the patches from
> dvd+rw-tools_7.1-11.debian.tar.bz2 to the unpacked
> dvd+rw-tools_7.1.orig.tar.gz so that i get the same source
> that is used for producing Debian binary packages ?
>
> I strive for the source state which the Debian maintainer
> of dvd+rw-tools will see when applying and testing my
> patch proposals.

A manual way - download these:

http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dvd+rw-tools/dvd+rw-tools_7.1-11.dsc
http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dvd+rw-tools/dvd+rw-tools_7.1.orig.tar.gz
http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dvd+rw-tools/dvd+rw-tools_7.1-11.debian.tar.bz2

Invoke (it should apply patches after the unpacking):

dpkg-source -x dvd+rw-tools_7.1-11.dsc

An automatic way:

Make sure you have 'deb-src' entries in your /etc/apt/sources.list.
Invoke:

apt-get source dvd+rw-tools

To produce *dsc and archives from the modified source tree - use
'dpkg-buildpackage -S'.

Reco