Re: Wheezy firmware netinstall CDs

Lisi wrote:
>Is there any advantage or disadvantage in using the multiarch CD instead of
>the i386 and AMD64 CDs?

Hi Lisi,

Flexibility is the main win, really - the multiarch CD should work on
almost any machine. But the cost is that it's almost twice as big as
the single-arch images when you're downloading it. The resulting
installation should be identical either way.

For *Jessie*, the multiarch CD also gives you the option to boot via
32-bit UEFI but then install an amd64 system on things like the Bay
Trail - see http://blog.einval.com/2015/03/30#Jessie-EFI_6 for more
details there.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html