Re: Question about "mv" operation.

Quoting Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com>:

Hi,

Say I am moving a file between two harddisks. Both filesystems are Ext4. During the operation, I cut off the power. Then boot the host, and fix the filesystems.

Now, I see in both locations, there are the file. My question is, is it safe to remove file in dest, and move to it again from src?
Logically the source shouldn't be deleted until target has been confirmed valid. It seems this never happened here, so the source should be safe.
The be even more safe I'd copy the source somewhere, delete the target and redo the move operation. If all is well delete the copy.

/Martin S