Re: What pulls in the tray of my /dev/sr1 ?

On 28/07/15 22:58, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
>> The delay seems a bit long for such an action though.
> My measurements were all between 197 and 200 seconds.
> With some inaccuracy because waiting 3 minutes harms my
> reaction time.

Silly question, but why does re-loading a disc take more than 197 seconds?

When the tray ejects for me, it usually takes me no more than about 20
seconds to reach down, take out whatever disc is sitting in the tray,
and/or place another disc in the tray.

Even on laptop CD-ROM drives where you have to press the disc down onto
the spindle, it doesn't take me 3 minutes.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.