Re: kde fully broken in debian/testing

On Saturday, 1 August 2015 01:20:04 UTC+1, Arp Laht  wrote:
> I can confirm, unfortunately. :(
>
> Attempted an upgrade today (01.08) a bit past midnight.
> Was warned about "plasma-desktop" conflicting "kde-workspace-bin",
> "kde-workspace-data" and some 7 other packages.
> Chose to proceed. Uninstalled them. Results aren't neat.
> If you depend on your system to do accomplish work,
> do NOT upgrade at the moment!
>
> Details:
> - networkmanager working, fortunately, connectivity not lost
> - most non-KDE apps working (iceweasel, pidgin, gimp, etc)
> unless you want to resize their windows (no obvious way to do it)
>
> - all desktop items gone (was using folder view)
> - no obvious way of switching back to folder view
>
> - windows cannot be reized by dragging
> - no obvious alternative way to resize windows
>
> - K menu switched over from classing to new version
> - no obvious way of switching back
>
> - Dolphin working very strangely, most options inaccessible
>
> Very fortunately I do all of my actual work (except 3D design)
> in VirtualBox VMs, and VirtualBox works without any changes.
> I can thus ignore that my KDE "stumbled and fell",
> but I must caution others, plz be careful!
>
> Best regards,
> Arp.
>

> --

kwin-x11 is a solution to the inability to resize windows and lack of window furniture. That was one of my problems 10 days ago when updating unstable.

I also couldn't navigate through file finder dialogs and that was addressed by installing kio

The main missing app for me now is ksudoku. How sad is that?

anxiousmac