Suspend-sedation Problem

I'm trying to get suspend-sedation working on my Gateway 450SX4 with
Jessie installed.  Suspend and Hibernate work.  I'm following the
instructions at

https://wiki.debian.org/SystemdSuspendSedation

When I close the lid the machine suspends properly and wakes up and runs
the script after the timeout.  However, it does not hibernate.  It
executes the "else" clause, exits, goes back to suspend (expected as the
lid is closed) and then repeats, leaving this in the log each time:

Jul 30 10:11:36 gateway systemd-sleep[14022]: System resumed.
Jul 30 10:11:36 gateway systemd[1]: Requested transaction contradicts existing jobs: File exists
Jul 30 10:11:37 gateway sh[14029]: suspend-sedation: Woke up before alarm - normal wakeup.

"journalctl -ab" produces nothing more informative.

This exact behavior continues even if I replace the contents of the test
with the "true" command or insert the line

     exit 0 ;\

before the "if" line.
--
John Hasler