Re: [SOLVED -- sort of] Unwanted application autostarting at login with XFCE

Sorry about firing the blank there.

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Thanks to all who participated in this thread.  If anyone has
> a clue how to fix this without purging the package, I'll try
> reinstalling it.

I also sometimes get applications I had closed coming back when I log back in.

XFCE sometimes gets its states wedged.

There is a command I sometimes used to use to reset the wedged state
when the title/menubar disappeared. I'm not remembering it right now.
I'm wondering whether it might have worked for this case, as well. I
think it was

    xfwm4 --replace

(This is not really the purpose of the command, as I understand it,
but it seems to clear out some of the wedged stuff. See xfwm4 --help
for more information.)

--
Joel Rees

Be careful when you look at conspiracy.
Arm yourself with knowledge of yourself, as well:
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/2011/10/conspiracy-theories.html