Re: What pulls in the tray of my /dev/sr1 ?

Hi,

The Wanderer wrote:
> * The BIOS, or (more likely in a modern system) UEFI.

Good point. I forgot that my new machine possibly runs two
OSes simultaneously: EFI and Linux.

But my experience with UEFI is restricted to creating the
entry points in bootable ISOs. (The circumstances of my
migration to the new machine prevented any playing with
its boot OS. The old one died one week before the new one
arrived.)

> * The firmware on the optical drive itself.

I now contacted the manufacturer LG.

> Neither is likely to be nearly as accessible,

Any proposals how to inspect remaining activities of EFI
after the Linux kernel is up ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas