Re: debian 8 on a raspex raspberry pi2

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:24:31PM -0400, Joe Zien wrote:
> I installed  raspex on a raspberry pi2 which is using debian 8.
> Only one problem, can't get sound working. Installed alsaplayer
> and kmix but can't config to play a sound file.

Are there any controls visible in the mixer?
  If not, you need to configure your sound card.
Are the levels on the controls set to a sensible (i.e. non-muted) level?
  If not, you won't hear anything.
What command line are you using to launch alsaplayer?
  Are you, for example, playing to the right device?
What format is the sound file you're trying to play?
  AlsaPlayer can only play PCM files.

Also, it's probably worth double checking that your speakers are
connected correctly and are working.