xbindkeys action in case of a long/double click

Dear list,

I'm currently trying to get a mouse shortcut working. A certain click shall invoke a perl script (which is working fine). I got it to work with simple actions like if the middle mouse button is pressed. But: can I also define a more complex mouse action as required, i.e. a long left mouse button or a left double click? Is this possible with xbindkeys? I just found how to use xbindkeys to simulate a double click by e.g. the middle mouse button, but what I'm looking for is just the other way round: define an action executed if a long (double) click does occur.

Thanks a lot,
B.M.