Re: mplayer "Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file"

Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> writes:

> At least with mpv you can use -vo vaapi for
> accelerated video on Intel (with the right vaapi
> driver of course)

mpv doesn't complain without that option - with it it
says:

    libva info: VA-API version 0.36.0
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_36
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

But wait a second, now. I don't really care for
"accelerated video", whatever that means in terms of
playing a Blümchen music video.

Can I simply disable the attempts at optimization
somehow? With mplayer*, I mean. The reason I don't
want to switch to mpv is I have configs (keys etc.)
for mplayer* and I don't want to loose it over this
silly issue.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573