Re: mplayer "Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file"

Quoting Emanuel Berg (embe8573@student.uu.se):
> mplayer (mplayer1) says:
>
>     Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so:
>     cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>     directory [vdpau]
>
> and:
>
>     Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

I can provoke these errors and more in mpv by removing vo=x11
(or vo=xv, either of these works for me) from ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf
and IIRC the same was true with mplayer1/2.

I just assumed that mplayer grabbed at straws in attempting to find
drivers for the output devices.

[vo/opengl/x11] X11 error: GLXBadFBConfig
[vo/opengl] Could not create GL3 context. Retrying with legacy context.
[vo/opengl] Missing OpenGL features: [RG textures]
[vo/opengl] OpenGL context creation failed!
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_nvidia.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[vo/vdpau] Error when calling vdp_device_create_x11: 1

The videos play just fine.

> Do I even have nvidia?
>
>     $ lspci | grep -i vga
>     00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)

$ lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
$

Cheers,
David.