Re: New user having trouble with new install

On Sat 11 Jul 2015 at 15:18:21 -0600, Jonathan Levine wrote:

> On 7/11/15, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > A nice account.
> >
> > At the GRUB splash screen press 'E'. Find the line beginning 'linux' and
> > add
> >
> >    longhaul.enable=1
> >
> > to the end of the line. Press F10. See how you go on.
>
> Did that.  Result was exactly the same, with the exception of not getting
> the longhaul warning just prior to the crash.  Being a mostly NetBSD and
> IRIX guy, I've never heard of longhaul.  What's that about?

No idea. It came up in the first few lines with the obvious search
terms.

Not knowing how how you installed, do you fancy trying this:

Reinstall; one partition for everything.

The base system is installed next. You have no control over this.

When it comes to installing other software do not install anything.
Also, deselect anything which is marked as selected.

Complete installation and report back in similar detail to previously.