RE: setting up vsftpd

Hi Briand,

>> Just to clear things up, take a look at the vsftpd.conf(5) man page:
>>
>>   listen_ipv6
>>    Like the listen parameter, except vsftpd will listen on an IPv6
>>     socket instead of an IPv4 one. Note that a socket listening on the
>>     IPv6 "any" address (::) will accept both IPv6 and IPv4 connections
>>     by default. This parameter and the listen parameter are mutually
>>     exclusive.
>>     Default: NO

Ok, so we want to use both ipv4 and ipv6 but....
I think this next line got drowned it the rest and you missed it's relevance.

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 08:55:28 +0200 Petter Adsen <petter@synth.no> wrote:
> > Maybe machine2 has no ip6tables rules, or rules that allow the
> > access, and machine1 blocks it? Or maybe only machine2 has IPv6 enabled?

Because.... there are TWO iptables commands. The first iptables is for just ipv4 and the second ip6tables is for ipv6 rules.
Remember, eventhough ipv4 and ipv6 are both ip protocols they have nothing in common, so they have separate firewall tables too.
You have been playing with iptables to clear the firewall and open it up but... did you use ip6tables too when testing with ipv6?

So, to clear the firewall and open it up:
ip6tables -F
ip6tables -P INPUT ACCEPT
then us ip6tables -L -v
to see the current firewall config. It should show something like:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 38 packets, 2484 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 4405 packets, 683K bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

Here the INPUT and OUTPUT chain are open and the forward chain is closed.

Bonno Bloksma