Re: install Arial fonts lost in latex

On Sunday 05 July 2015 08:33:03 Seeker wrote:
> On 7/5/2015 4:34 AM, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 July 2015 19:21:20 mudongliang wrote:
> >> se of the OP.
> >> yes, you're right! I can't download exe file from the sourceforge site!
> >>
> >>      -mudongliang
> >
> > Yep, looks like your university prevents the download of exe files from
> > sourceforge in some weird way which does not resolve to a meaningful error
> > message.
> > What keeps me guessing is why you were able to download exe files from
> > some MS- site.
> > Can you contact the IT girls/guys about this behaviour?
> > I first thought that your (or the university's) router might not be able
> > handle FTP transfers correctly, but your log clearly shows that HTTP is
> > used for the transport.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Eike
>
> One might be tempted to think recent behavior at might be catching up
> with them...
>
> http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2015/q2/194
>
> But then the OP indicated in another thread he was able to download the
> .exe files with his
> phone over the network of the university. Strange.
A bad WiFi adapter in his computer? A faulty driver or firmware? Who knows?
But he states that other downloads went fine. Still strange ...

> Later, Seeker

Unless we walk-through with tcpdump I don't see a way to determine what the
real reason for the problem is. I'm at a loss.

As a side-note I'd like to hint to using LFTP for downloading. That is a
*very* persistent downloader and although its name implies FTP downloads it
works excellently for HTTP downloads. When downloading from archive.org I
often experienced trunkated downloads. The files seemed to have been completely
downloaded but actually were trunkated. LFTP, on the other hand, always picks
up where the transfer failed and eventually downloads a complete and usable
file.
Very useful is the "mirror" command of LFTP to download a whole set of files or
the contents of a subdirectory.
LFTP transfers survive even dial-up connections that frequently get
interrupted and need to be re-established.

While being at it with lftp it would be nice to see how the sessions go with a
tcpdump.

Eike - not a finder either