Re: apt-rdepends is not showing all the dependencies

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi
<raju.mailinglists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why apt-rdepends does not list libokularcore5 as a
> dependency? For example
>
> rajulocal@hogwarts ~ % apt-rdepends okular | grep libokularcore5
>
> returns no results. However, apt-cache shows it correctly
>
> % apt-cache depends okular | grep libokularcore5
>   Depends: libokularcore5

Please ignore this. I finally figured out what is happening. The
sources.list has entries pointing to both Jessie and Wheezy
distributions and apt-rdepends is picking up dependencies from Wheezy.

FWIW, this was my initial sources.list.

% stuff.pl /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

where stuff.pl is my own custom perl script that shows the contents of
a file and weeds out empty lines, comments etc.,

Changing this to

% stuff.pl /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free