Re: how to compile kernel for raspberry

On 3.7.2015 20.26, Glenn English wrote:
On Jul 3, 2015, at 5:30 AM, Abdelkader Belahcene <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to recompile  the raspbian, please where can I find  help
Have a look at the Google (etc.) searches from "debian kernel compile". Lots of good advice -- the first link, on my computer, is "Compiling a New Kernel - Debian".

But compiling a kernel on a 'Pi sounds like the better part of a couple days. I'd look into cross compiling on a computer a bit more powerful. I've never compiled on my 'Pi or cross compiled anything, but I've heard that gcc knows how to do it. I have compiled a kernel, though, and I do know it's a significant job (for the compiler).

Yes, it takes some 2 days to compile the kernel using a raspi 1. However, the new raspi 2 does it in mere hours, when compiled using make -j4

Very doable.

--
jarif.bit