Re: RAID b/w GPT and NON GPT partition.

Arno Schuring a écrit :
> Muhammad Yousuf Khan a écrit :
>>
>> I have been using RAID1 b/w  two 1.5 TB  drives which worked great with
>> fdisk. now one of the drive is failed and there is no more 1.5 TB
>> available in the market. the least available drive is 2TB. Which means
>> "fdisk 2TB issue".
>
> Not necessarily, the MBR partition format can handle addresses up to
> 2TiB. A new 2TB disk is almost certainly 2TB, so you should be fine
> with MBR partitioning.

Indeed. 2 TB < 2 TiB.

>> in old times i could use sfdisk command to copy partition table now
>> since the new drive is 2TB my question is can i use sfdisk on 2TB
>> drive.?

Yes. If the new disk has a GPT partition table, you'll need the sfdisk
provided by util-linux 2.26 at least (i.e. since Stretch). Unlike other
*fdisk tools provided by Jessie util-linux 2.25, sfdisk does not support
GPT.

But why would you want to do this ? Do you have many RAID partitions on
these disks ?

>> - and then further want to replace the bad drive from mdadam?
>
> NOTE: completely untested, please wait for others to correct me:
>
> # mdadm --add /dev/mdX $new_partition

Assuming that the disk contains only one RAID partition.
Otherwise, repeat the operation for each RAID partition and array pair.