From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh [mailto:hmh@debian.org]
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2015 11:44 PM
To: Dan Ritter
Cc: vincent.du (杜明璋 - MCT); debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: System hangs on Debian 7.6 and 7.8 when enabling Cluster on die (COD) with Intel Haswell and Broadwell processors

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015, Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 11:06:30AM +0000, Vincent.Du@mic.com.tw wrote:
> > Hi Debian-user,
> >
> > I got an issue – “System hangs on Debian 7.6 and 7.8 when enabling
> > Cluster on die (COD) with Intel Haswell and Broadwell processors”.
> > Does Debian 7.6 support Cluster on Die (COD) feature with Intel processors?
> >

> Not with the default kernel (3.2.x). It also probably won't work on
> the default 8.0 kernel (3.16.x). Get a 4.0 kernel from backports and
> try it out.

And make sure you're using up-to-date microcode.  COD is not the kind of thing that is safe to just enable bindly and hope for the best.

  Henrique Holschuh

This email message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, its attachments or any information contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and please delete it and any attachments from your system. Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Thank you.