Re: How do I find what drivers are installed

On 06/28/2015 at 01:13 PM, Bret Busby wrote:

> How do I find (what command do I use to find) what hardware drivers
> are installed ,

find /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/ -name "*.ko"

> and how do I find what drivers are in use, for particular classes of
> hardware - in this instance, graphical devices?

Run

lspci -k | grep SEARCHTERM -A 2

where SEARCHTERM is something sufficiently related to the hardware
you're interested in. For my graphics card, an appropriate search term
would be 'VGA'.

Other than that, the only approach I know of involves manually
researching the output of lsmod, which isn't terribly helpful.

--
   The Wanderer