Re: auto-mount NFS shares on boot

On 06/27/2015 03:12 PM, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> So I'm pretty sure that NFS is setup correctly both on server and
> client. My problem is about mounting the NFS share automatically during
> the boot process.

Looks like it, yes.

>>      However, since you need the interface at boot anyway, you don't
>>      need allow-hotplug, you can just change it to auto, e.g.:
>>      allow-hotplug eth0 -> auto eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces
>>
>>      Then /etc/init.d/networking (which is used to set up the
>>      interfaces in Debian from /etc/network/interfaces) will wait until
>>      the interface is up before continuing
>
> I changed 'allow-hotplug eth0' to 'auto eth0' in /etc/network/interfaces
> now. Unfortunately it didn't have any effect. Still the same error
> message during boot process, still no mounted NFS shares after boot.

What kind of network configuration are we looking at? Could you post
the contents of /etc/network/interfaces (you can replace the IP
addresses with XXX or so if you don't want to disclose internal
information, but beyond specific IPs the contents might be relevant).

> I'm still pretty confident that systemd for some reason tries to mount
> the NFS shares before the network connection is established. The boot
> log to console shows the failed mount attempts of NFS shares immediately
> after the rootfs has been mounted, and at least before nfs-common has
> been started:

Could you run the following?

systemd-analyze plot > bootup.svg

This will produce an SVG file that tells you when and in which order
systemd started different units at boot. Could you attach that file?
It may be able to tell us what happened.

Christian