Re: Systemd takes more that 1m 30sec to start firewall at boot

On 06/18/2015 05:49 PM, Martin Read wrote:
On 18/06/15 21:27, Johann Spies wrote:
I use shorewall. The shorewall-init.log shows that Shorewall took less
than 2 seconds to compile and start up.  Why does systemd wait that long
on boot?

$ systemd-analyze critical-chain

This will tell you what is taking a long time to start.

After logging in to XFCE, I observed a "busy" mouse cursor for 30 seconds or more. Using the above command noted several things were taking as much as 8 seconds each to launch. Modem manager was one. A thumb nailer was another. I ripped them out with great disdain. Now, the old zip is back. This advice works. Systemd isn't the root of all evil, it's the stuff we install that doesn't behave to blame. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html