Re: Fwd: updating debian warnings

I put a # in front of 2 of the lines as I think you suggested in order to comment them out but I am still getting the same problem. I have pasted the sources.list file below as it currently is. I am very new to vi and I did not know how to delete characters (I wanted to delete the first # which I think I must have put there by a mistake. I imagine it does no harm?)

#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.1.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 kde-CD Binary-1 20130615-23:04]/ wheezy main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.1.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 kde-CD Binary-1 20130615-23:04]/ wheezy main

deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main

#deb http://repository.spotify.com stable non-free

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 17 June 2015 00:27:05 Steve Greig wrote:
> [...]

I should comment out the second line if you have full internet access.

As for warnings, you have an unofficial repository in the list, for which
Debian cannot be blamed.  It may well be putting untrusted software into teh
updates!  If you have not got the key for it, it would be untrusted.  Only
add teh key if oyu are sure oyu trust it!!

Comment out the spotify line and the cd line, then try updating again.  Post
any error messages.

Lisi