Re: Moving from 56k modem

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:03:47AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> My connectivity for ~3 decades has been at <= 56k.
> Current ISP abandoning that market ;/
>
> I do not wish DSL, cable, nor satellite as they restrict me to one
> physical location.
>
> I was assuming that meant connecting via cell network.
> Is that correct?
> What questions should I be asking?
>
> Please note that I am strongly text, rather than graphics, oriented.
>
> Comments &/or questions I should be asking.
>
> Thank you.

My little brother has been going cross country in a motor home using
his T-mobile cell phone as a hotspot to hook up his Mac (not Linux)
to the web. When he has a lot to DL he drops into the nearest library
which doesn't run up his phone bill.
YMMV,
Mike
--
    During the month of August 2014 it was reported that 7 Israelis
died in combat while 2100 residents in Gaza died.