Re: audacity startup fails stretch amd64

On 06/12/2015 08:31 PM, Russell L. Carter wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to launch audacity on a stretch amd64 system, and
the following happens:

1.  I get a popup with text "Audacity could not find a place to store
     temporary files.  Please enter an appropriate directory in the
     preferences dialog."

Click ok, then:

2.  An error popup appears stating: "AudioIO.cpp(2363): assert "false"
     failed in getPlayDevIndex()."  A backtrace is available but
     doesn't reveal anything obvious to me.

Click continue, then:

3.  An error popup appears stating: "AudioIO.cpp(2416): assert "false"
     failed in getRecordDevIndex()."

Continue then segfaults.

The googleman doesn't provide any clues.  Ideas?

You made me go and look. Audacity launches just fine running stretch amd64. Are you joined to the audio group? Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html