a start job is running for create volatile files and directories

Hi all,

I have this message
"a start job is running for create volatile files and directories"
when booting. There is then a "n's/no limit" while it counts up to approx 1m30'ish and then carries on booting.

I'm pretty sure it's to do with installing printer drivers (from searching around) but I'd like to keep the printer driver.

How can I make this go away?

Had it on Debian 7 and have updated to 8 with no change in behaviour.

Checked in the archives and can't find anything, or at least that text string.

Many thanks in advance,

Julian