Re: su chmod -755 /usr

Many thanks for the replies.

(I did say I'm sketchy here)

I was attempting to alter permissions on a folder.
I then read that all folders leding up to it must also have permission altered.

So I then mistakenly actually ran
'sudo chmod -755 /usr/lib/TheFolderIMeantToAlter'

and all folders leading up to it /usr

the [-] being the culprit (of course!!).
Got to watch these late night system alterations.

At some point sudo said NO.
And I,being a schmuck, jumped to su to force the issue.

All seems well, valuable lesson(s) learnt.
Seriously thought it was terminal, appreciate the wisdom people.

Many thanks,

Julian