Re: Nvidia vs AMD open source drivers

On Wednesday, 10 June, 2015 07:01 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 06/09/2015 05:28 PM, Dan wrote:
Hi,
I would live to buy a workstation and install Jessie. I would like to
use the open source drivers for the graphic card. What would you
recommend? My choices are Nvidia or AMD.

I checked the Nvidia/Debian wiki and the Nouveau drivers seems to work
very well:
"As of jessie, the need for the proprietary drivers is pretty much
over - nouveau now works quite well"
https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers

Which open source driver is better Nouveau or AMD open source driver?
It ALL depends on your needs. If you want gaming, or multi-card/monitor support, with all the goodies turned on, you'll want the real drivers. If you are just doing email, web browsing, Hunt The Wumpus, and office stuff, then the open source drivers are just fine, unless you get flickering and tearing.

What about Intel HD?
What's wrong with that?

M.W.C.