Re: [OT] Is Devuan a hoax?

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 08:20:41AM +0200, Mart van de Wege wrote:
> Francis Gerund <ranrund@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Does anyone here have any inside information on what is happening
> > (or not happening) with the Devuan project?
> >
> > It seems to be dead, or at least dying.
> >

> > I am (more than) starting to think the whole thing was just a sick,
> > sleazy hoax/disinformation campaign by you-know-who to confuse and
> > disillusion any remaining heroic opposition to the systemd takeover
> > of (at least) all of GNU/Linux.
> >
> The other conclusion might just be that there was just not enough
> support for the project to be viable.

Not my impression at all. The Alpha 2 installer just came out. I was
able to install devuan in a virtual box without a problem, and so now
one of my virtual desktops is now a Devuan version of Jessie. Systemd is
not installed. I'm able to run my key applications also without
problem. The project seems to be coming along quite nicely (still needs
to replace udev). I look forward to a Beta.

Haines