Re: multitouch / touchscreen support in Debian

On 06/08/2015 12:47 AM, Frank Loeffler wrote:

My question is mainly in which direction I should look. Google wasn't
particularly helpful, as most hits point to Ubuntu (no, I don't want to
switch to Ubuntu). The recommended solution there seems to be either
Unity, or a tool called touchegg, which doesn't appear to exist in
Debian, nor seems someone interested in it. The only time someone asked
here about it doesn't have a solution or useful pointer.

You have to give the Devil his due. Unity might be the only Linux Desktop that lends itself to touch interface. If you have the harddrive space, maybe create another partition and install Ubuntu/Unity. Let us know what happens, as touch screens are the next thing. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html