Grub2 Timeout Setting

Today I compile the linux kernel 4.0.0 in LinuxMint!When I update grub and reboot into the system , I can only get into 4.0.0 kernel!
The content of /etc/default/grub is following:
GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

Warning: Setting GRUB_TIMEOUT to a non-zero value when GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT is set is no longer supported.

When I updated grub , the warning happened! I don't know why!

l check the setting of Debian , I found /etc/default/grub is different from LinuxMint :
GRUB_DEFAULT=0
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
So I delete the 2nd,3rd line of LinuxMint, and finally I get the boot menu!

I google it ,but find little about this configuration change meaning!

Why ?
mudongliang