Re: HELP- very slow download speeds

On 06/05/2015 05:48 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Friday 05 June 2015 22:41:55 Gary Roach wrote:
Most of my large downloads are from ftp.us.debian.org. Before I go any
further, I probably need to switch to a mirror site and see if the
problem persists. I have been assuming that, since this is debian's main
server, that I shouldn't have a server problem.

I gave up using ftp.uk.debian.org years ago because it is so slow.  Or was,
anyway.  I use either Oxford or Manchester University Mirrors.  Usually
Oxford.  It remains fast, so I haven't retried the debian one recently.

Being stuck with a HughesNet sat service, THIS works a treat!
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib non-free

It finds the fastest connect, and runs with it. It easily doubles previous connect speeds for apt-get for me. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html