Re: Broadcom b43 Drivers

On 06/05/2015 02:16 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
I understand. It is true that this driver was compiled back in August under Wheezy. What I do find interesting is that I know that this driver was working on a system upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie. However, with a clean install of Jessie, it does not.

Nevertheless, the problem was solved when I got the original Jessie kernel, without my tramping around messing it up, and installed the firmware-b43-install package. I didn't think that that had worked because I forgot the necessary step of rebooting after the installation. The driver automatically uploads the firmware to the chip at boot up, and since I didn't reboot, the firmware did not get uploaded and it did not work. Once I rebooted, everything came out fine. In fact, this post is being sent through that BC4321 chip to my wireless network. (I was wired yesterday.)

--
JM