Re: yaboot: How to load Debian8 netboot installation images directly from the boot: prompt?

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 02:58:38PM +0200, Michael Felt wrote:
> 10 days late replying - my apologies.
> PowerPC - if I read that in a literal sense - is that basically "oldish"
> Macs that were build on the PowerPC processor. If the answer is yes, is
> there any interest in the Ubuntu Community to have a refresh/new document
> that focuses on the non-Mac POWER servers (POWER8 is gaining in popularity
> both as bare metal and as "virtual machine" aka parition). I am willing to
> assist - but have to limit myself to what I have (Power4 - bare metal,
> Power5 (bare metal/virtual) and Power6 (virtual only as I cannot bring it
> down to bare metal without an outage). And I know someone with a Power7 -
> entry system. I would have to look (and might actually find) someone with a
> Power8 for testing.

Hmm, I guess I have only ever tried booting from the net install cd image,
which at least worked for power6 and power7 IBM systems.

I don't recall which boot loader the CD image uses.  I use grub2 on the
installed systems though.

--
Len Sorensen