Re: pendrive permissions

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 04:20:25PM +0200, Pol Hallen wrote:
> Hi all :-)
>
> I use debian testing with mate desktop. How can I handles pendrive
> permissions? When I put in a pendrive, caja (mate window manager) can't
> mount it with this error message "unable to mount. Not authorized to perform
> operation".
>
> Where mate handles usb permissions?

When I put in a usb drive, if I watch the logs, I see something about
udisksd mounting it.  That's in the udisks2 package.  Is that installed?

Also, a machine I used today was mounting usb drives but the owner would
be set to root, so a non-root user wasn't allowed to write.  Fixed it by
commenting out the usb-related lines in /etc/fstab.  (I don't know why
they were there, but probably something left over from when I installed
testing from a usb stick a few months ago.)