Re: A little of topic: security and anonymity question

 Hi.

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:37:12 -0400
German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It's not impossible that they detected the proxy and won't allow
> > > postings from it.
> >
> > Or it's possible that the proxy in question sends that funny
> > X-Forwarded-For HTTP header which contains the original IP *and* the
> > message board checks it too.
>
> I still think that it is nothing to do with proxies. Might that be that
> my computer name is filtered or as I said earlier the whole linux
> system is subject to filtering?

It's possible. Every time you use a browser you're telling everyone
interested that you're using Linux. It's a part of User-Agent string.
And it's easy to change (using privoxy on your own PC) regardless of
the browser you're using.

Reco