>          20.465s systemd-user-sessions.service
>          20.462s apmd.service
>          20.461s virtualbox.service
>          20.461s loadcpufreq.service
>          20.460s gpm.service
>          20.135s bluetooth.service
>          19.730s exim4.service
>          11.922s timidity.service

This is very very strange. But I notice a common pattern among those
service. Nearly all take about 20.4 seconds to start.

To compare, here is a list of the top services from my workstation:

          8.540s systemd-journal-flush.service
          4.379s dev-md0.device
          4.359s dev-dm\x2d0.device
          4.063s accounts-daemon.service
          3.329s munin-node.service
          3.041s systemd-udev-settle.service
          2.806s teamviewerd.service
          2.743s binfmt-support.service
          2.391s mdadm-raid.service
          2.084s systemd-logind.service
          2.010s loadcpufreq.service
          1.987s irqbalance.service
          1.973s rsyslog.service
          1.953s systemd-user-sessions.service
          1.942s timidity.service
          1.940s lm-sensors.service
          1.648s schroot.service
          1.639s lightdm.service
          1.598s avahi-daemon.service
          1.408s mcelog.service
          1.354s sensord.service
          1.330s systemd-cryptsetup@cswap.service
          1.224s dirmngr.service
          1.168s autofs.service
          1.109s virtualbox.service

(systemd-journal-flush takes so long, because is set to persistent and
has to flush the journal to a read HDD instead of to /run, which is a
tmpfs.)

As you can see, most services start in under 3 seconds. The whole
startup from kernel to lightdm takes 29.5 seconds:

  Startup finished in 5.721s (kernel) + 23.808s (userspace) = 29.529s

> I've tried to analyse the Login-BashPrompt time of 30-34 secs.
> I added set -v to the start of .bash_profile and the end of .bashrc,
> and set +v to the start of .bashrc and the end of .bash_profile,
> ie excluding tracing .bashrc because it lists every function
> as they are defined.

> What I discovered is that .bash_profile is reached 16 seconds after
> "You have new mail." and that a function which copies a lot of my
> startup files to /tmp/.my-startups/ takes over 15 seconds to run.
> (The disk activity light is lit through the entire boot/login process
> and beyond.)

What is that "my startup files"? This must be something special and home
brewn on your system, right? I guess this special function runs for
every init-script and causing the delay of your boot. Could you please
disable whatever does this "copying of my startup files" and try again?

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.