Re: Iceweasel slow to freeze

On Thu, 2015-06-04 at 15:39 +0200, notoneofmy wrote:
> On 15-06-04 11:41 AM, Matthew Chong wrote:
> > Happens to me as well, was running Skype(hosted in a xterm window),
> > iceweasel and wine notepad++. It totally froze gdm. Crashed again some time
> > after I restarted gdm, then I just gave up and rebooted, after that the
> > issue gone away.
> I have had to restart several times. But the problem remains.
>
> I think the real problem is this. I have lots and lots of lines like
> these in the attached .doc log file.
>
> gnome-sgnome session[1249]: (gnome-shell:1388): mutter-WARNING **:
> STACK_OP_RAISE_ABOVE: window 0x5e01200016 not in stack

No, that's pretty much harmless.

Any hard crash is a bug in the kernel, a driver, or a hardware problem
(bad RAM for example).

It may just show up when you use Iceweasel or any other modern browser
considering that the browser is probably the the most resource-hungry
and advanced program most users run.

If X locks up, and you can't even switch to a VT I would suspect a
problem with the video driver.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson