Re: Broadcom TG3 network drops, cannot recover without reboot

On Wed, May 27, 2015, at 13:06, Toan Pham wrote:
> > Alternatively, try to get yourself an Intel NIC that works with the igb
> > driver (don't get an Intel NIC that needs the e1000e driver) to replace
> > the hardlock-prone bcm5720 + tg3 combination.
>
> I ended up with an intel NIC instead, but with the e1000e driver.
> What's wrong with the e1000e driver by the way, please update.

It is not that the NICs that need e1000e are "bad news".  It is that
they're outdated and less capable than the more recent Intel designs
that use the igb driver (or igbx, for 10GbE).

Also there is certainly something very wrong with any motherboard of
recent design that uses an outdated NIC.

  Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>