Re: weird problem with one mail account in Thunderbird....ISP or what ?

On Wed, 27 May 2015 21:06:10 -0400 Frank sent:

> When I went into Thunderbird at mid-day one of my accounts with my
> ISP Videotron.ca registered a logon failure..despite the fact nothing
> had changed.

I have no answer. However, with my ISP I periodically have the same
problem. I attempt to log on with claws-mail, without changing anything,
no update, no upgrade to the system. No tinkering, nothing at all and of
the two accounts one gives me this error message:

[13:07:10] POP3< -ERR invalid username/password
*** error occurred on authentication
*** Authentication failed.

Through my other account I let my ISP know this, and tell them again:
this has happened in the past, nothing has changed on my system and that
after a short period their server will allow me to log in again.

That this is something in their system.

They tell me again that I'm a Linux user and they don't support Linux
and that I can contact them by phone and they will renew my password
etc., etc..

I email back. Do not touch anything of my account on their server. It
will correct itself, I only report it in the hope that someone will
take notice and see what's happening, eventually.

They won't allow me access to their techs.

This is an ISP where I couldn't send or receive emails. Rang them to
tell them their mail servers were down. They told me they were not but
they hadn't received my emails. So I said I would send them an email
with the mail log through gmail, and they said they would accept it as
they accept all emails. Sent it.

I rang them back to ask if they received the gmail email from me. They
said they had not, they could not because their mail servers were down.

Stay well,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house
	with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my
	life. .......Henry David Thoreau

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.