Re: strange booting behavior

On Wed, 27 May 2015 15:50:12 +0000
gofloss gofloss <goflossgo@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, i have more data.  i am still going crazy trying to get it to
> boot.
>
> first, what does "cryptopts=source=" in the error message?  what
> does "-r" mean?
>
>   Check cryptopts=source= bootarg:cat/proc/command line or
>   missing modules, device:cat/proc/modules ls/dev
>   -r ALERT!  /dev/disk/by-uuid/[the partition's correct uuid] does
> not exist dropping to a shell!
>
> please note that the partition DOES exist, and it opens
> perfectly with cryptsetup luksOpen.

Can you trying changing it from /dev/disk/by-uuid/...
to /dev/disk/by-id/... for example? I had a sort of similar problem
once that was solved by doing that. No idea why, but it's worth trying.

> however, all mounting fails, including mounting /dev/sda1
> (/boot, ext2, unencrypted) and mounting
> /dev/mapper/toshiba-root.  mount thinks that they don't
> exist when they do.

What exactly is the error that you get? Can you try adding "-v" to make
mount verbose?

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"